One member of the 2F4P Diagnostic Team that is always kept very busy, is … our Ultrasound Machine.
Ultrasounds are especially useful in the veterinary world as:
- they are non-invasive
- seldom require anaesthesia
- can be easily repeated (for monitoring pregnancies, for example)
- allows internal organs to be reviewed with greater precision
- can greatly assist in surgical procedures if needed
- typically doesn’t distress pets
Ultrasounds can be used to detect or assess:
Some Tumours or
any changes to certain internal organs.